Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great time on Thanksgiving, spending the day with loved ones. We began by having a photo shoot with my side of the family:

This is a picture I snapped of the grandkids while they posed for the photographer. The crazy thing is, there will be FOUR more added to this group by next summer!

Next, we visited our foster daughter, Kenna. It was her birthday last week and we had a few things for her:It had been a while since we'd seen her....she is getting so big! Things are going well with her and her family (her father is now living at home).

Thanksgiving dinner was held at my Uncle Tyler's house in Santa Clara. The food was wonderful, and my grandmother estimated there were around 80 people in attendance. What a posterity for my grandparents! The weather was warm, allowing for a football game for the guys and even SWIMMING for the kids. After dinner, DEl took his sister, Eva, up to a Utah Jazz game. They had a great time.

While at my uncle's house, I had a quick photo shoot with our kids for our Christmas card. Here's one of my faves:

As I took the opportunity last week to reflect about the things I'm thankful for, I've realized that perhaps I don't always express my gratefulness. Yesterday, I took a moment and put some of these thoughts on paper.

"GRATITUDE"

Gratitude. It is a GRATEFUL ATTITUDE.

How often in my busy day
do I pause, help others on their way
by sharing God's great love?
Or even remember to kneel and pray?

With so much to do, and much to see
do I stop and listen carefully
to the whisper of a dove?
Or am I blind to nature's beauty?

And in my darkest time of need
do I realize the very air I breathe
is a gift from heaven above?
Is thankfulness my daily creed?

Gratitude. Is it MY attitude?

-- K. Beatty Nov. 2009

2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Darling pictures! Love the poem. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Shawnee and Tyson said...

It was nice to see the family (even if just briefly) on Thanksgiving morning! I can't believe how big Kenna is! Also, I really enjoyed the poem :)