Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Love Affair

Last month, I described how Jefferson became infatuated with a new hobby.

Now it's my turn to be bitten by the bug.

I've decided that I'm absolutely, passionately, completely, and irrevocably taken with photography. Especially, the editing process.

I'm not saying I'm especially good at it; I know I still have a lot to learn. Most of my methods are self-taught or from tutorials found on the internet. But, boy oh boy, do I LOVE this learning process!

And can I just say how much I LOVE Photoshop? With it, I can produce a great quality picture even though I only have a point and shoot camera. It's wonderful that I can take something like this.....

.....and transform it into this:

Through experimentation, I've discovered some preferences in my photo taking. I definitely prefer outdoor light:

....and I really enjoy capturing a moment with a story behind it:


I've also been playing around with color:


Of course, my favorite subjects are my children and I enjoy trying to capture each of their unique personalities:




While I enthusiastically take a ton of pictures, my editing skills are still a little slow. As a result, I find I am accumulating a bunch of pictures I need to fix.

And my scrap booking?

Let's not even go there.

At least I'll have some great material to scrap with....when I get around to it :)

3 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I feel for you and with you! I am an addict as well! Your photos look great! So are you going to give yourself a new blog name like mine? LOL

McKay Missy and Boys said...

That's awesome that you have a hobby that you are so passionate about. I've yet to find one. There are several things I enjoy doing but so far, the passion is lacking.

I love your halloween punk hair.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

That looks like fun!