Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun

We had a great time on Halloween.

Well, most of us did. Jefferson caught the flu and ended up staying home. He even had a great costume that he put together himself; he was going to be a "newsie".

Our neighborhood has an annual family party at Halloween, and I decided about 15 minutes beforehand wear a costume this year. I raided our play clothes, and found enough items to dress up like a punk rocker. Krissia also decided to dress up last minute, and we were able to put together a cool pirate costume for her.

Mathison was a cowboy; just about the cutest I've ever seen! Here he is waiting with a fishing pole at the fish pond:

DEl was in charge of one of the games, and Krissia helped pass prizes out for him. I wish I looked this good in a pirate outfit!

Mathison won a cupcake at the cakewalk and discovered that chocolate icing is his "favwrit":



After the party, I took Mathison trick-or-treating around the neighborhood for about an hour. It didn't take him long to get the hang of it! Near the end, he told me,"Mom, I just love those treats!" I carried around an extra bag and got some candy for Jefferson; there is nothing worse as a kid than being sick on a holiday :(

Mathison had a fun time, and I think he is already looking forward to next year's celebration:

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Looks like you had a good time. Yeah! Krissa looks awesome in her outfit! Love the pics!

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

Fun costumes!

The Andra Family said...

R U sure that extra bag was for Jefferson?

Shawnee and Tyson said...

You make an excellent punk rocker Kim! And Krissia is a pretty good looking pirate too! I love that picture of Mathison looking up at the camera with the chocolaty face! So cute!