Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Look Who's Walking!


Well, the time has finally arrived when I can announce that Mathison is an official "toddler" - that is, he's begun to use walking as his preferred means of getting around! He'd actually taken his first steps just prior to Christmas vacation and was getting pretty close to walking around New Year's but was just a little to scared to make it happen. However, he's seemed to have conquered that fear and can now walk up to 30 feet without falling, although he still resorts to crawling when he wants to reach something quickly. We're so proud of him - and he knows it! He'll get this smug look on his face as he prepare to start walking and loves to show off his new skill when visitors are around. This important milestone is an even sweeter one for us because of the struggle he's been through having been born with clubfeet. I am so thankful for modern medicine and that we live in a country where medical intervention is available for nearly everybody; it certainly has enabled us to experience this special miracle.

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, what a big boy! I can totally sympathize with you over the blessing of modern medicine. How lucky we are!

Denise said...

Kim-

I am so excited for you! Although, you know it's just a whole new world of trouble once they are walking. So I will be happy and terrified for you at the same time!

BTW, I got tagged today by a friend, so I am tagging you. Just visit my blog to see the questions.

I will look forward to reading your answers!

The Andra Family said...

Hopefully I'll get to come visit in Feb. and witness it for myself!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Oh how fun! What a big milestone. Are you sad at all that he's growing so big?