Friday, January 18, 2008

A Good Sport


A few days ago, I received a phone call from Del. He was at Wal-Mart and wondered if I needed anything. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness; it had been a very busy morning and there were a few prescriptions that I needed to pick up before making the 2 hour drive to Vernal to watch Krissia in a swim meet. I mentioned the prescriptions and rattled off a few other items like milk and diapers. Suddenly, I mentally recalled a conversation I'd had with Krissia earlier that morning. Here was a great opportunity to see how sincere my husband's offer was and put him on the spot at the same time!

"Well," I said, "There is one more thing. Krissia mentioned this morning that she needed some tampons and pads."
Silence, then a small groan. To his credit, Del pulled himself together and said, "That's pretty embarrassing, but I'll do it. Only, you'll have to tell me what she needs because I have no idea what to buy."

So we spent the next few minutes while he was standing in the feminine hygiene isle discussing what brand to buy, the different types of absorbancies, and the importance of getting a thin maxi instead of a bulky one and whether or not they had wings. I can just imagine what it must have looked and sounded like for any customer that might have been walking by!

Later at the swim meet, Krissia asked if I'd been able to make it to the store. I told her no, but that I'd had Del pick up what she needed. She got a big smile on her face and laughed, giving me a "thumbs up" sign. With a husband who is constantly teasing me, it felt great to put him in the hot seat for once. I'm just glad he was such a good sport about it!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I love that! Troy lives to embarass me...I can't wait to be able to send him to the store for our daughters!

The Valentine Fam said...

I guess it's a good thing I have boys, cause I know Jed wouldn't do it! I love that Krissia thought it was great!

The Jones Fam said...

I think every man needs to go through the experiance of buying feminine products atleast once. Good for DEl! It does get pretty confusing with so many choices!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Go Del. That's awesome. Come to think of it I'm not sure that McKay has ever picked those up for me.