Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cute Little Camryn

I've been wanting to try my hand at photographing a newborn, so I persuaded my sister Nicole to let me take some photos of her adorable six-week-old baby, Camryn.
Most newborns spend the majority of their time sleeping, so how hard could it be?

Yeah, right.

As you'll notice in the shots, Camryn is awake in nearly ALL of them. The few in which she appears to be sleeping were taken during a five minute "power nap". She is also quite an active little girl, so her mother and I were forced to be very creative :)

Despite being a wiggle worm, Camryn is very photogenic and I feel we were able to get some fun shots of her:









I really like the lighting, angles, and expressions in these shots:




Thanks for letting me shoot these pictures, Nicole!

6 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

How adorable! She will always treasure these!

The Andra Family said...

Thank you! I love them all. We'll have to do more another day; she was quite fussy that afternoon.

Unknown said...

They are really good! You are off to a great start!

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Kim, these are AWESOME!! You did such a great job, and little Camryn looks so adorable! So.... Want to do Benson's too in a couple of weeks?

The Jones Fam said...

Cute! They are all great but I think my fav is the one of her sleeping where you colored her headband and her skirt :)

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Great shots Kim! And it helps having a beautiful baby to work with.