Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A (Cross)Fit Family

The past couple of months, DEl has been involved in an exercise program called "CrossFit" as part of his goal of losing weight and getting into better shape. He's been attending classes 2-3 times a week, and more often than not, has complained a lot about being sore on those days. I admit that I've rolled my eyes and chuckled privately at his antics, knowing that my husband likes to embellish things just a bit and wondering how bad it could truly be.

DEl has been begging me to come to a class with him, so I decided to tag along with him and Krissia on Monday afternoon. I wasn't too concerned about my conditioning as I've been running longer distances lately and recently completed a five mile run.

Boy, was I in for a surprise.

We ROWED. We LUNGED. We PULLED and did AB work.

Then, we did it all again. And again.

And AGAIN.

As I literally hobbled out the door after class, I apologized to my husband. And yesterday, as I groaned each time I stumbled down the stairs or gingerly lowered myself to a sitting position, I vowed to never again doubt his sincerity as he limped around the house after one of these workouts.

My respect for him has grown as I realize he's done this voluntarily on a weekly basis for several months now. I'm just working up the stamina - and courage - to attend a second class at the end of the week!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Sounds fun to me.

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Yeah, I decided to start a push-up/sit-up/pull-up regime a couple of months ago and got so sore after the second day that I quit.

The Jones Fam said...

Of course it sounds fun to Nicole, she is a workout sadist! But I do think it's fun to work out as a family!