Friday, December 4, 2009

Icon


How do you know when a star has reached icon status?

When your toddler knows of their most notable work, decades AFTER it came out.

Case in point?

I was watching the news earlier this week when Michael Jackson was mentioned. Mathison was in the room, and when he heard this name, he turned to me with an excited look and exclaimed, "It's Michael Jackson, Mom!"

Mathison will often repeat what he hears on television, so I didn't believe he knew what he was talking about. How could my (barely) three year old know this icon from the 80's?

"Do you know who Michael Jackson is?" I asked him, confident the answer would be "no."

Mathison paused a moment, a look of concentration on his face. Suddenly, he smiled as widely as he could and proudly announced, "Yes....Friller!" (Thriller)

4 comments:

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Wow! He never ceases to amazing me! What a cute (and smart) kid!

The Andra Family said...

That is so crazy! Hey, and you owe me big if my back side makes you famous.

Photo Crazy! said...

How cute is that!

The Jones Fam said...

I just asked Jaylee if she knew who Michael Jackson was, and she asked me if he was our prophet.....I am dying laughing right now. I promise she really knows who our prophet is!