Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Survived!

The weather forecast for the week is in the 50 to 60 degree range, so I believe it's safe to say that the days of seeing 100+ heat are behind us for another six months. After living away from the heat for so long, we were concerned about how our family would "weather" our first Dixie summer......but I think we pulled through with flying colors!

How did we do it? By spending as much time as possible in the water! Swimming pools, lakes, and rivers became some of our favorite spots to visit from June to August.

Here are some pictures I found while going through my files which chronicles some of our water adventures; I have to confess that we had so much fun together, I'm actually looking FORWARD to the return of the hot weather so we can do it all again :)








4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I love it! I am forever a "Summer Girl" at heart!

The Perkins said...

Your right the water is the place to be :)...I'm actually heading to the pool tomorrow here in Texas it is suppose to be the 80's, which will be nice because we have had rain the past couple of days.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I love the picture of Krissia in her swim meet. Perfect timing on the picture taking. As of yet I don't miss summer because today is the first day it actually feels a bit like fall.

The Jones Fam said...

I like the picture of Krissia and DEl doing their jazz hands :) We've had cold temperatures too this week. Now I want some of that intense heat back!