Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Evil Alter Ego

I bet many of you are unaware that I have an evil alter ego.

At least, I did while in Annie Get Your Gun.

I was the understudy for Dolly, the show's villain, and actually ended up playing this character for three matinees and one regular show.Dolly was a mean, selfish, racist woman whose main goal was to get what she wanted (Frank Butler) at any cost. Oftentimes she was made to look quite the fool during her pursuits, but in the end she discovers love in a very unexpected way.

Here are a few pictures my friend Jenny took:
Gotta love the maroon wig!


This is my partner Randy (aka "Messenger") that I danced with during the shows when I was in the ensemble. The other lady is Bridget, the actor who filled my regular role when I was playing Dolly.

And don't ANY of you reading this (especially siblings) dare suggest that I was type casted.

Well, maybe Leesha can seeing how I made her walk around on a broken leg for three days while our parents were gone and I was in charge. In my defense, the leg looked fine (no swelling or bruising) so I was not purposely subjecting her to painful torture.

Or maybe, it was my "Dolly" side coming out :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

what a neat experience Kim -- you look good as a red head. : )

The Jones Fam said...

Any chance of going red in the future? Don't worry, I forgive you for the whole broken leg incident.... it atleast makes for a good story!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

I love it when Leesha tells that story because it makes me look good. Love the red hair too.