Monday, September 21, 2009

First Prom

Saturday night was the Homecoming dance at Desert Hills High School.

It was also Krissia's first date to a formal dance.

She looked so beautiful in her stunning dress!

Krissia even managed to pin the boutonniere on her date on the first try.


A fellow swimmer asked her out. They're about the same height without shoes, but when four inch heels are thrown in, this is what happens:

I don't think either one seemed to mind too much.

I felt like the paparazzi as I followed them outside and snuck in a few more pictures:


I actually grew a little emotional as I watched my daughter drive away; I think it struck home that we are growing closer to the time when a young man will sweep her off her feet and drive away with her for good as they begin a new life together.

And I am just not ready for that to happen.

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Oh my goodness! She looked so beautiful! I can't believe how grown up and beautiful she is.

The Andra Family said...

I'm sure you felt a flood of different emotions. Please let me know when her pageant is so I can arrange to go.

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, beautiful as always! Did they have a fun day date? I can't believe she is old enough to be going to Prom!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Just wait until you catch her sneaking out her bedroom window. Remember those days?