Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Little TOO Close for Comfort

As we were choosing where to live last fall, the location of our current home appealed to us because there is a hill literally right in our backyard. The thought of being so close to nature was a benefit we just couldn't pass up.

Lately, I'm beginning to think we're a little too close to nature.

A couple of months ago, I blogged about a gigantic grasshopper that had found it's way into the house. Then a couple of weeks ago, there was the snake that Mathison found on our back doorstep:

And now?

Say hello to our newest guest:


We found him crawling around on OUR FAMILY ROOM FLOOR in the basement last night.

Actually, it was Krissia and her friend who found the tarantula while watching a movie. I just followed the screams downstairs and scooped the spider into a jar:

I hope this ends our stream of visitors for awhile!

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

YIKES! I hate snakes and creepy-crawly things!

The Jones Fam said...

Glad I got to see you today! That spider was really big and freaky! I'm sure it was a real surprise to Krissia and her friend!

The Andra Family said...

It must be the season. Coop and I just caught one at Grandma's 2 weeks ago. In your own house though, is a different story.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Cooper and Carter caught one at Mom's house when we were there over Labor Day weekend. For not being poisenous they sure look scary.