Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Watch Out, World!


Or at least the citizens of Carbon County, anyway. Bronson got his driver's license yesterday!


The original plan was for Bronson to have his Eagle rank first, but he is so close to completing it that Del bent the rules a little bit.


I have to admit that I'm very nervous today - every time the phone rings, I expect it to be Bronson calling to tell me he's hit somebody's mailbox or something. I guess it's like everything else regarding your children - you can only do so much for them, but there are times you have to step back, let go, and have enough faith to let them try things on their own. Bronson's not exactly famous for his attention skills, but last night I encouraged him to treat driving like an extremely advanced video game. If he does, he'll be just fine.


When Grandma Gubler asked Bronson last night if he was excited about getting his license, he replied in true "Bronson" fashion:


"Not really, because it means that I'll be doing a lot of errands for my parents now."


Now that aspect of driving he picked up very quickly!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Oooohhhh! I can't wait for this to happen to us!

Lucky! (Mostly)

The Perkins said...

Love his response to the question if he was excited!
I bet your excited though...you will no longer have to take him everywhere he needs to be!

The Jones Fam said...

Wow! What a milestone! How fun for him! (except for the errand part!) What car will he be driving?

Michelle said...

Hey, how's it going? It's Michelle Hansen. I found your blog from Jessica's and wanted to say hi! I can't believe you have a 16 year old - aaaah!!!! It is crazy how time flies by.