Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Misadventures of Miss Krissia

I intended to post a blog last night about our visit with Kenna during Easter vacation. I even put together a cute slide show of the pictures we took with her. But life doesn't always work out as planned, especially when you have kids.

All of my good intentions came crashing down when Krissia came home from track practice with a broken elbow.

I know, I know - track is a non-contact running sport, so how did she end up with a broken arm?

One word: hurdles. It was Krissia's first time trying them in practice; it will be her last time until next season.

So after one short week of practice, Krissia's track career as a freshman has come to an end. As this is her 3rd injury since December (she also severely sprained her knee while tubing, and gashed her shin open on the pool bleachers), I'm hoping that this latest incident will prove to be the end of her "injury career" as well.

At least for a good, long while!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

What?! That is nuts. It sounds very painful. How is she doing? Hurdles always scared me.

The Valentine Fam said...

Oh my goodness, that's crazy! I hope she's feeling okay.

The Jones Fam said...

Tell Krissia to be careful! I'm so sad she broke elbow :( I'm sure she would have been great at track, oh well, there's always next year.