Friday, March 14, 2008

Teething Troubles & Too Tall

So, as you might have guessed, the teething troubles are coming from this little munchkin:



After cutting his first 2 teeth with minimal fuss, the others are proving more difficult for Mathison. One of his top teeth has finally burst through, but he has three others that are bulging right beneath the gums and making life miserable. The other front tooth actually BROKE THROUGH the gums on Sunday - every family member saw it - but it unbelievably went BACK up into his gums while Mathison was sleeping that night. Isn't that crazy?? I'd heard of that happening before, but I'd never experienced this phenomenon with any of my other kids. The sad thing is that all that pain and fussing cutting the tooth the first time around gets to be repeated again. And maybe, yet again - I've heard that teeth can play "peekaboo" a few times before they stay permanently cut. Lucky us.


As for the "too tall" section of this blog, the culprit is:

About two months ago, I noticed that Krissia had caught up to my height but didn't think she'd pass me up until the end of the school year. However, the other day Krissia was complaining that her shoes felt too tight; I was surprised - her feet haven't grown in over a year, which led me to believe that she had most of her height. After measuring our feet, we discovered that Krissia has gone from wearing a size 7 to a size 8. Not only that, but she is growing again, too - a quick height check last night showed that she has finally PASSED ME UP. Not by much, but enough to reach her goal of 5'9". I have a secret weapon, though - pouffe hair. If I backcomb the top and front of my hairstyle a little, we are exactly the same height!

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

I'm glad I got to see you guys this weekend! Hopefully Mathison's teething won't get too much worse!