Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trekkie

We've had a die hard trekkie at our house this week.

For those of you who automatically assumed I was speaking of "Star Trek", you're wrong.

I'm talking PIONEER trek.

Krissia spent the last three days with other youth in our stake participating in an 18 mile trek from New Harmony to Pinto. As a surprise for the youth, the stake contacted each family and asked them to be there to welcome their child "home" on the last 100 yards of their journey. Afterwards, the families ate a picnic together.

(if you follow the arrow, you can see Krissia)

Krissia was tired, sunburned, and just a LITTLE dirty but seemed to weather the trip well. We're happy to have her home!
Krissia with her "pa" and "ma"

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Our old ward is doing a trek this summer, but I think they're doing it in Wyoming. I'm sad that I'm not in the YW anymore and that I can't go :( It looks like Krissia had fun though!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Obviously I'm not a Star Trek fan because I automatically thought of YM and YW. Good Job Kriss!

Photo Crazy! said...

There is something special about the treks. The youth really learn life lessons! So glad she got to do it!

The Perkins said...

How fun! Treks are so awesome. Looks like she had a great time.