Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Past My Prime?

As I'm nearing an important birthday in a few years (I won't mention which one), my husband has begun to tease me about the approaching hazards of middle age: aches and pains, slower metabolism, faulty memory, etc.

I haven't paid any attention to him.

That is, until yesterday.

I was in the middle of doing laundry and had just finished folding a batch of clothes. When I opened the washer to get the wet ones out, it was empty.

What??? I was completely mystified because I distinctly remembered starting the washer and pouring in a capful of detergent. I wandered into my bedroom, where I had been sorting the dirty laundry.....

And there it was. The STILL unwashed pile of clothes I thought I'd put in the washer, sitting on the floor in all its dirty glory. Apparently, I'd started the washer, put in the soap, let it run the full cycle, and FORGOT TO ADD THE CLOTHES.

Just don't tell my husband....he'd never let me live it down!!

5 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Kim, I have done this a few times lately! Yikes

The Beatty Beehive said...

Yep, your getting on in years! We'll be watching for more silly signs!! :)

The Andra Family said...

I think it just runs in our family.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

That deffinately sounds like a Patricia Gubler moment. I have them all the time!

The Jones Fam said...

Don't feel too badly, I really don't think it's due to age. I like to blame my memory lapses on my children :)