Thursday, February 5, 2009

Soaking up the Wrong Stuff



I've heard it said that children are a lot like sponges - they soak up the world around them.

It's too bad you can't filter what it is they're taking in.

Mathison recently found a razor in the bathroom that he wanted very badly to play with. Of course, I told him "no" and moved it somewhere out of his reach. He repeatedly asked me to get it for him, with no luck. As Mathison grew frustrated, he blurted out,

"Mommy, you a BIG stinker!"

Hmmm.....guess he's heard that phrase a time or two before, coming from the other direction!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Hahah! That's so funny.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

He is adorable!

Happy Birthday!!! I remembered too call you around 9:30 and decided against it. You were probably awake but I wanted to be safe. I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Photo Crazy! said...

So cute. Jenna has been calling me Bum and a few other things the boys call each other. Oh no! I think the kids finally believe me when I say don't say things like that around her. She doesn't even mean it in a rude way. She just thinks it is something you call someone.

The Jones Fam said...

That's so funny, I'm sure had a hard time not laughing when he said it to you!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Hey Kim,

Happy Birthday yesterday. I remembered it many times, I just don't have your cell number to call. I hope you had a good one.