Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just For Fun

I've recently noticed that when I'm required to verify a word when leaving a comment on a blog, some pretty funny letter combinations have come up. They almost sound like "real" words, just with a twist or two thrown in. Here are some examples:

Stlew * Reumpho * Emanitin * Yeballou * Feripe * Ressup * Arvillo * Respeadu * Behario * Sidismsm * Grashi

Here are a few others I encountered that I've made up my own definitions for:

Bekity: A feline with rhinestones
Ignag: Ignoring an overly verbal pest
Motax: What they call April 15th in Detroit
Shilly: What one feels in a cold shower
Symos: A planet in peril in a Star Wars saga
Mummus:: Anciently preserved Siamese twins
Exhave: What you hope your divorced partner does at public events.

On a slightly different note - is it just me, or has anyone else had a problem when entering some of the letters? Sometimes, the font is so fancy that what I see as an "r" ends up being a "v" or the "o" and "j" are crowded so tightly that it looks like "g" and "i". There have been times I've had to enter a word 3-4 times before the computer finally accepted my interpretation....does this mean I am more right-brained or left brained than the average person? And should I even be worrying about this at all???

4 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! I think you have too much time on your hands Kim.

The Jones Fam said...

I espescially like the definition for "Motax" :O) Yes, I sometimes have the problem of deciphering words.

Photo Crazy! said...

I have noticed this too! I haven't ever looked up what the words mean.
I sometimes get stuck trying to type in a word also. Who thinks of these things? Blogging is pretty amazing. Same with facebook.

The Andra Family said...

Cooper likes to to read the letters out loud to me while I type them in. Maybe it is for the challenge of deciphering the letters.