Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Right-Hand Gal

What does one do when they suddenly lose their right-hand man?

Or should I say, right-hand girl? Perhaps left-hand girl would be more appropriate, as the arm Krissia broke was her left one.

However one looks at it, the past few weeks have been tough - for me, that is. I knew I depended on Krissia to help out; I just didn't realize how much until she was out of commission for a while. Bronson and Jefferson tried to step up and help out; although I appreciate their efforts, it just wasn't quite the same.

We did receive some good news at Krissia's last checkup; the cast is off, the elbow is healing nicely, and she can slowly begin resuming her regular activities. Hopefully, the injury shouldn't affect her long term career in athletics, especially swimming.

As Krissia resumes her chores after her break (no pun intended), she is welcomed back by a very grateful mom who is a lot more appreciative of the huge help her daughter is around the house! And now that Bronson and Jefferson are in the habit of helping, I'm going to make sure that they continue to share the load :)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Krissia is awesome!

I can only imagine how much of a help she is!

The Jones Fam said...

Krissia always seems willing to help. She is such a good girl. You are lucky to have her, and we are lucky to have her as a neice!

Denise said...

Kim had to leave you a comment about your six words.

I LOVED everyone of them. Genius!

The Perkins said...

I love that picture of Krissia, she is gorgeous. She sounds like a much better teenager than I was!

Tara said...

Krissia is such a cute girl. I am glad that her arm is getting better.

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Krissia really is such a sweet girl, and a huge help too!! I can't believe how much she has grown up!! You are lucky to have such great kids :)