Monday, April 7, 2008

Kim......the Photographer?

I was going to name this blog "Artsy-Fartsy Photography" but I was afraid some of you might have taken it wrong and been offended. My intent with this first blog name was to poke fun at myself; in the not-so-distant past, taking a good picture meant that my finger wasn't blocking the lens and I held the camera still :) However, I've discovered that I actually LIKE taking pictures and appreciate the results of a good photographer (ie: our new family photos), so I've decided that I'm going to start paying more attention to the artistic aspects of my picture taking.
These were taken over Easter vacation with our sad little Kodak digital that has a broken flash....needless to say, I was really paying attention to the lighting. I'm trying to lobby my husband for a new camera sometime in the near future!
You'll notice that my only subject is Mathison; it's not that I love my other kids any less, but he's at such a cute age and is young enough to act natural for the camera :) Those of you who are the REAL professionals...please don't hesitate to add some advice. (A little encouragement would be nice, too!)

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I think they all look good. I especially like the last one in black and white against the brick wall. I don't have any advice though, I'm not very great at it myslef!

The Valentine Fam said...

Cute pictures with an adorable model!

The Jones Fam said...

Thanks for the comment regarding Jett and his teething/sleep. I don't think he needs a feeding because before the whole teething thing started he was sleeping through the night until 6,7, and sometimes even 8 a.m.! This even happened when he had his last feeding between 7 & 8 p.m. So I don't think he's waking up because he's hungry, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to ask his pediatrican what he think this week at his 4 month check up. The last couple of nights have been better though.

The Perkins said...

Great photos Kim, I'm not much help on the advice part...I'm still in the stage of a good photo is one with my finger not in the way :)