Friday, April 29, 2011

The Easter Weekend That Wasn't

Obviously, from the pictures I'm about to post, Easter weekend did happen for the members of the Beatty Family.

For everyone, that is, but me.

I was stuck at home with a stomach bug.

Sigh.

However, DEl did an excellent job capturing the day in pictures.  Believe me when I say I'm only posting a fraction of what was taken!

Saturday morning was spent at the Beatty Ranch, a tradition which started when DEl was young.  The family meets for a picnic, games, four wheeling, and an egg hunt.  Mathison was so excited to go this year; he must have told me at least 20 times on Friday that "we are going to Grandpa's ranch tomorrow"!  Here are a few pics of the ranch festivities:

The Easter Bunny had the kids searching high:

And searching low:

I think Mathison could have cared less about the candy; he loved finding his two-dollar bill:


Here he is displaying it again:


And yet again:


Yep, it's safe to say he was pretty proud of his find; it was the first thing he shared with me when the family arrived home in the evening :)

The late afternoon and evening hours were spent at my parents' house.  More food, more family and another egg hunt:



Again, the kids were searching down low:


And also in some very high places for their Easter goodies:


A very special thank you to Krissia the Easter Bunny for hiding Bronson's basket on the roof.

The Gubler Grandkids - Easter 2011:


A shot of the adults attempting to take the "Gubler Grandkids Easter 2011" picture:

The "child whisperer":

All kids seems to love Krissia!



So, there you have our Easter celebration in a nutshell.  It seemed like a lovely day; I can only hope it's a better one for me next year!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Hope you are feeling better. It seems like we see more of DEl lately than you.....

Shawnee and Tyson said...

The child whisperer! Ha! So true :) Yep we definitely missed ya! Oh yes, and that is the very two dollar bill Mathison asked me to 'safely watch' for him!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Sorry to hear that you missed Easter. I took me a minute to figure out who the older blonde was in the 'parent' easter pic.