Thursday, April 21, 2011

Silly Sayings

Mathison has said some of the funniest things lately!  Here are just a few examples:

After some very stormy weather a few weeks ago, Mathison decided to count fire hydrants as we were driving around in the van.  The count soon grew to ten, and he exclaimed,

"That must have been some rain we had - these fire hydrants are popping up everywhere!"

A few days ago, I asked Mathison to do something.  He got a serious look on his face and replied, "Mom, I'm too little for that.  Only big-year-olds can do it."

He can also get a little sassy with his replies.  We were in a clothing store yesterday when Mathison spied a piece of candy on the floor.  As we've had problems with him eating these finds, I immediately asked him to throw it away.  Mathison looked me in the eye and asked in his bossiest voice, "Mom, do I look like a trash can?"

4 comments:

Shawnee and Tyson said...

I love that last one! Ha ha! We missed you tonight (Easter at Mom's). Mathison came up to me holding out some money, and looked me in the eyes very seriously and asked "Can you safely watch this for me?" THEN he wanted a popsicle and DEl said he could just eat it in the van when they left and he said "Can't. That's too dangerous." Ha ha! What a cute little man you have :)

The Jones Fam said...

I'm with Shawn, that last comment kills me :) At least he didn't hurry and shove it in mouth, that's what Jett would have done!

The Andra Family said...

Love it. Missed you this weekend.

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

He sounds like a funny little man! Too bad he wasn't a trash can then he could have just thrown away the candy in his mouth!