Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Zion Pics

Things have been CRAZY around our house; I'm only now getting around to editing and posting our pics from our Labor Day trip to Zion.

You know what they say - better late than never :)

This post has a TON of pictures. However, I wanted to include as many as possible since Bronson was with us and we really don't get to see much of him anymore.

We hiked two trails. The first was the West Overlook Trail, located by the top entrance of the tunnel. To get to the trail head, you have to drive through the tunnel, which our kids really enjoyed. I had fun as well, as it's been several years since I've been through it.

Dad and the kids:
Mom and her brood:
The craziest thing happened; as we were crossing a bridge near an overhang, another hiker pointed out a mountain goat resting beneath it. The goat was literally right under our feet!
The Beatty kids at the beginning of our hike:
We also hiked the river trail. We brought our swimsuits so we could splash around.

No trip to the river is complete without a good stick:
I like the perspective in this photo:
Our oldest and youngest:
Believe me, the water was cold!
Bronson and Jefferson spent nearly the entire time playing in the mud:

Mat and Kris went exploring together; Mathison adores his older sister!
Del and two sons (I'm not sure where Jeff was):
Krissia found a scaly surprise when she headed back to gather her shirt:
We had a great time and feel blessed to live so close to such beautiful scenery!

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

So to comment on your previous post, I LOVE Glee and we have all the soundtracks and the music is wonderful! It did bring back memories of Acclamation and people tell Jared all the time that he reminds them of Mr. Shuester. Now to your current post, I too love that trail right outside the tunnel, but haven't hiked it in awhile. Looks like you got some great pics!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

You guys have the cutest little family. Well, maybe not little but definitely cute. Love the goat shot!

Shawnee and Tys said...

That is a great shot with Jefferson looking down at the water and Kriss and Mat in the background! I love Zion, and it's been years since I've gone! Looks like you all had a blast! Maybe my family will join you next time :)