Thursday, September 16, 2010

On With the Show


Our teenagers in the above photo are both honing their stage abilities this fall.

Jefferson auditioned for "Hello Dolly," being produced by Desert Hills High School. He was cast as "waiter #4". I think he was a little disappointed at first, but I reassured him it was quite the feat to even be cast, seeing as he's not in high school yet :)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Krissia attends Dixie State College in the mornings. Although our daughter seems very self assured, singing and/or dancing in public has intimidated her since she became a teenager. Krissia decided to push out of her comfort zone and audition for "Ragin' Red," a performing group at Dixie. With the help of her dad, Krissia prepared an awesome audition piece. She has such a darling personality that we felt if she'd only relax and be natural, there was a good chance she'd make it. Krissia felt great about her audition - and she ended up being selected as one of the group's members! She seems to really enjoy rehearsals, and it's fun to watch her try something different.

I know our kids would love to see family members at their performances..."Hello Dolly" runs the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday before Thanksgiving; I don't have a schedule for Ragin' Red yet, but will post later when I have more info.

6 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Darn, I doubt I will make it to Jeff's play because that is right around the time I'm having the baby! That's awesome that Krissia made Ragin Red. How fun!

Dolly said...

Wish I was there to see Hello Dolly with your awesome family:) We sure miss you kids!!!

The Andra Family said...

Your kids definitely are talented. Wonder where they get that from? j/k

McKay Missy and Boys said...

As always, I'm so sad that I won't be in town during their performances. I'm sure they'll be great!

Shawnee and Tys said...

Good for Krissia! She will have so much fun doing that :)

Shawnee and Tys said...

Oh, and good for Jefferson too! We are proud of the both :)