Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 4th

The past few years, we've held the Kerry Gubler family reunion on the Fourth of July. We had a great time celebrating our nation's birthday with our loved ones!

I took plenty of pictures at my parents' house, and I tried to include at least one picture of someone from each of my siblings' families in this post. Except you, Shawnee - I think Benson was pretty much in the house the entire time :) Oh, and Matt, since he and his family are in Kentucky (I think I've covered everyone now).

Some of the kids gathered in Grandpa's garden to set off smoke bombs:

Here's Jefferson overseeing the detonation of the "bombs":

Adri's eyes are so pretty; and yes, they really are this blue:

I love how Sofi seems totally oblivious while Adeline is posing for the picture:

Mathison, showing me his "Avatar" stick and pose:

Jett has the cutest smile:

Ethan seems pretty engrossed by the garden fireworks:

Adeline is waiting for the talent show to start:

Jaylee had just finished some of Grandpa's homemade ice cream:

Jefferson and Carter just chillin' on the swing:

My beautiful teenager:

Great buddies:

Sofi finally started to ham it up for the camera:

Cole in his tiger suit for the talent show:

Of course, we ended the evening with fireworks:

Mathison kept a safe distance from his sparkler:

A shutter delay produces some cool effects:
Our family had a great time together, and we are already looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I love all of the pictures you took! I'm glad you always bring your camera and capture all the grandkids during these family activities :)

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Love all the pics! We had so much fun up there with all of you!

The Andra Family said...

I'm glad you had your camera, cuz I don't think we pulled ours out once!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Can't you superimpose me and Kim into a couple of those pics to make it look like we were there? Looks like we missed out on a good time! :(