Thursday, July 1, 2010

19 and 20

It's been a big week for our family.

On June 24th, our oldest child celebrated his nineteenth birthday:It seems like yesterday that Bronson made his entrance into the world 4.5 weeks early, weighing in at a frail 5lbs 9oz. He became very ill when he was only a week old, spending 8 days in the NICU for various infections. It was a scary time.

Bronson just finished his first year of college, and is looking forward to continuing his education at Dixie. He is currently working two jobs, and hopes to have enough money saved up by Christmas to be able to move out. A mission is not in Bronson's plans at this time, although we hope this will change at some point :)

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary.

It was a huge one.

The big 2 0.

Twenty years. I have now officially been married for longer than half of my life.

With a child that's now 19, 20 years of marriage under my belt, and my 40th birthday coming up next winter, I feel......old.

How did my husband and I celebrate this momentous occasion?

In a way that represents our lives at this point. DEl is currently in the middle of producing the Miss Nevada Pageant in Mesquite, so the kids and I drove down to spend a few hours with him during one of his breaks. We swam for a couple of hours, then had dinner together. I know it's not every couple's dream to spend their anniversary with their children; but for me, this picture represents what our last twenty years have been all about:

Who knows - perhaps we'll get lucky and be able to sneak away for a couple of days when things slow down a bit in the fall :)

5 comments:

Raysofsunshine said...

Congrats! 20 years is a long time for some and just a short time for others. I know your family well enough to know that you have felt at times this represents your thoughts! Your family is so supportive of one another which is amazing to many. I hope that you do get to take a few days in the fall just for the two of you! We love and miss you guys! Congrats again!

Photo Crazy! said...

Happy b-day Bronson & happy 20 years to you. You might feel old...but you look sooooo young!

The Andra Family said...

Loved your post and love your family!

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had just celebrated your 20th, that's crazy! You look really great in that pic of you and DEl together :) I'm glad we got to spend time with you and your fam this weekend!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Congrats on your 20th! Quite an accomplishment! I feel good being almost to 3rd year. Is Bronson really 19? Wow!