Monday, April 12, 2010

A First

Last Saturday, I did something I've never done before.

I ran in a 5k.

This was a huge event for me. I love to run, but at one point in my life, I had to give up running due to health problems and wasn't sure that I'd ever be able to return to it.

After a 10 year hiatus, I finally became healthy enough to begin running again. I began SLOWLY about a year ago, but I've been able to bump up the training the past six months and recently felt ready to compete in a race. Krissia's track team was hosting a 5k as a fundraiser for uniforms, and I decided this would be the perfect opportunity for me to make my running "debut".

The race went well - I placed first in my age group, and second for the women overall. I also hit my goal for time.

But most importantly, I proved to myself that with hard work, time, and a lot of patience, many things are possible to achieve!

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Great job! I am glad you can run again!

Val said...

Congrats! You are awesome!

The Andra Family said...

Keep it up!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

You're supposed to slow down as you get older. C'mon, get it right!