Thursday, August 13, 2009

One of THOSE Mornings

Today was the first day of school.

Unfortunately, Jefferson was sent home before classes even began.

Apparently, Utah has a new law where all 7th graders have to have certain booster shots or they cannot attend school. Who knew? Supposedly, they mailed out this information to the parents in June.....but we never received it.

I was in the middle of a diaper change with Mathison when this dilemma hit, and I was in such a rush to call the doctor's office and get Jefferson in that I decided that Mathison could wait a few minutes before getting a new diaper on.

Bad decision.

The pediatrician could squeeze Jefferson in as long as I could get him there by 9 a.m. After wiping up the urine that was now soaking into the carpet, I had about 5 minutes to get dressed and ready. At 8:50 I was headed out the door, when I realized that I didn't have my keys. A quick search didn't turn them up, and I remembered that DEl had used them the night before. I called him, but he didn't know where they were.

Very frustrating.

Luckily, Bronson was at home and very graciously let me borrow his car. We were five minutes late getting to the doctor's, but they didn't seem too upset. The appointment went well; Jefferson was declared healthy and received his needed shots. We were halfway to the school when he realized he'd left his backpack at home, which was another 20 minute detour. I finally got him there....only 2 1/2 hours late.

I just hope the rest of the school year is smoother!

2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I have had a day like that before as well. I will have to tell you the story sometime. It was a good laugh for me...I sure you were about to rip you hair out! See you Sat.

The Andra Family said...

Those kind of mornings are tough! Does Jefferson see Kaddu too?