Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Whale of a Tale

Yesterday, I needed some alone time. So I grabbed a pole, and went fishing in one of the two community ponds in town.

There were two other fisherman there (both men), and none of us was having much luck. I'd finally been able to reel in an albino trout that was too small to keep and was just about to call it quits when I saw a MONSTER swimming in the shallows. I grabbed my net and scooped THIS out of the water:

Yep. By myself. No pole. Off the bank. In the dinky community pond.

The other two fisherman couldn't believe it, either.

I almost let it go....almost. But, since it was the biggest fish I've ever personally seen, I decided to keep. I knew no one would believe this story without some proof!

I'm guessing it was about 4-5 pounds, and it measured a whopping 22 inches long.



The only part I feel bad about is the fish turned out to be hugely pregnant - stuffed with eggs from throat to bottom. This probably explains why I was able to net it so easily.

However, my big catch certainly made my day :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

holy cow kim! what a catch!

Photo Crazy! said...

Hum! That story sounds a little fishy...J/K great job! I can't believe how big that fish is.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

Sounds like a fish story to me. I think you bought the fish a Lins.
- Seth