Saturday, May 9, 2009

Coming Clean

Did anyone reading my blog stop to think that the reason I didn't share the whole story in my last post was to keep my embarrassing moment private from the few people who actually haven't heard it yet?

Having said that, I've decided to swallow my pride.

And air the entire story.

Star 98 FM (a local radio station that serves Washington County, Iron County, and Mesquite, NV) is holding a Mother's Day contest by giving away a spa package worth $2500 to a deserving mother. All you have to do is submit a happy story about your mom and tell why you think she deserves the prize, and if they read your e-mail on the air she'll be qualified for the drawing.

Instead of "happy", Krissia decided to opt for a FUNNY story.

In spite of my hair color, I pride myself on not acting like a typical "blond". However, I do have my moments from time to time - and when I do, they're usually big ones.

The one Krissia decided to share went something like this:

A couple of years ago, I was standing in the kitchen when Bronson and Krissia came running in excitedly. They proudly told how they had just played a great joke on their Aunt Shawnee, who was attending SUU and living with us at the time.

"That's right, it's April Fool's Day - I totally forgot!" I exclaimed. I quickly looked down at my shirt and added, "Good thing I remembered to wear green."

Um, that would be ST. PATRICK'S DAY, not April Fool's. My teenagers busted up laughing and have never let me forget that "wonderful" moment.

This past Wednesday, Krissia submitted this story without my knowledge to the radio station, who read it on the air. How did I find out? I was passing one of our guy neighbors on the street with our van windows rolled down, when he called out from his vehicle, "Hey, I heard an interesting thing about you on the radio today....is it true?"

I turned to Krissia in confusion, who had the strangest look on her face. I began quizzing her, and the entire story tumbled out.

To her credit, Krissia also said several nice things about me in her e-mail. I know she was just trying to be her usual helpful, thoughtful self by trying to win a spa package for her mother.

I just hope she'll go with "happy" next time!

5 comments:

The Andra Family said...

That is sweet of her. So, no luck in winning?

Denise said...

hahaha. seriously, still laughing here.

Photo Crazy! said...

Sorry~you can't start a story and not finish it. Thanks for filling us in. We all have our "blond moments". I have at least one daily.

The Jones Fam said...

Hey, it could have been a lot worse! I think Mom's have lots of those moments where we just totally space it! I do think it was pretty sweet of Krissia to take the time to enter you!

The Beatty Beehive said...

Don't you just love it when our kids get the best of us. It's a sign of true love and admiration!