Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!

Okay, so our summers are usually crazy with the Miss Utah Pageant, summer swimming, scout and sports camps, etc. Also added to the list this year is the Miss Nevada Pageant (which my wonderful husband is producing again) and jobs for our teenagers.

Why would I deliberately want to add one more thing?

When my friend Cathy sent me an e-mail about St. George Musical Theater's upcoming summer production of "Annie Get Your Gun", I should have thrown it out with the junk mail.

However, I thought Jefferson would enjoy auditioning. He begged for me to come along, so I went ahead and threw a song together.

Three days and two callbacks later, I've just discovered that both of us were cast in the play! We are part of the ensemble, and I've also been assigned a minor speaking role.

For those of you who are interested, the play runs from July 20 -Aug. 15.

Fun for us, crazy for the family!!

Here are the head shots Jefferson and I used for auditions:
(FYI, this was taken the night before by Krissia - I am sitting in my shower!)

4 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Congratulations! You will both do wonderful. We'll have to come out and watch.

Denise said...

Congratulations Kim!

What would summer be without a little insantiy?

Photo Crazy! said...

Yea! You look beautiful. I will have to come and see it! Good job both of you!!!

The Jones Fam said...

I think that sounds like so much fun! I love that Krissia took that picture in your shower :) Honestly Kim, you don't look like you could be older than 30 in that pic, you are beautiful!