Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lost and Found

Jefferson has a leather aviator jacket that he absolutely LOVES to wear. Unbelievably, we found it in mint condition at Deseret Industries last year for only five bucks.

About a month ago, I realized I hadn't seen Jefferson wear it for a while. When I asked him about it, he said he had lost it. We searched the house, our grandmas' houses, and Jefferson's school to no avail. The jacket was nowhere to be found.

A few days ago, I decided to make a trip to the D.I. and Jefferson just happened to be tagging along. As I was browsing through the toddler's section, I heard someone yell, "No way!" I turned around to see Jefferson triumphantly holding up....you guessed it - his aviator's jacket! We knew it was the same one because of a small triangular tear on its sleeve.

The jacket was marked for sale at five dollars (deja vu, anyone?). I wasn't too thrilled at having to buy it back, but Jefferson talked to the manager and he knocked a couple of dollars off the price.

It turned out that Jefferson had left it at the school, but apparently there is more than one lost and found. The school took the unclaimed items that had been sitting there and donated them to D.I.

Jefferson had to use his own money to buy it back; hopefully, this will help him be a little more careful about where he leaves it next time!

4 comments:

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Crazy story about the jacket. Is it destined to be with Jefferson? Nice story about Kenna too. Hopefully it will break the ice with her mom a bit.

The Andra Family said...

That is a crazy story. I like the lesson of having him by it back.

Photo Crazy! said...

What a great story! It is a small world.

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, lucky for him that he found it (in a round about way). If he loves it, I'm sure he wasn't too disappointed to have to pay for it again!