Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why Don't I Learn?

To keep my mouth shut.

I'm talking about NOT jinxing our family by saying things like "Oh, we've all been so healthy lately".

Or, more recently, "Krissia has not had any injuries from track".

The DAY OF my last post, Krissia came home from practice early, complaining that her calf hurt. Not a big deal, I thought. Just pack on some ice, throw in a couple of ibuprofen, and she should be good to go.

Unfortunately, the pain was growing much worse every day - hitting the point where the team trainer for track advised she'd better sit this first meet out.

So, we have yet to make it to a meet. Next time I'll let everyone know AFTER the fact how she does in her first track meet, rather than jinx things beforehand!!

2 comments:

The Andra Family said...

I saw the meet happening, and wondered why I hadn't heard from you.....now I know.

The Jones Fam said...

Too bad! Hopefully she will back to normal soon. It always seems like stuff like that happens doesn't it!