Friday, December 12, 2008

Recycling

Our family tries to do its part when it comes to recycling - like reusing grocery bags, scratch paper, etc. But I've recently come to the conclusion that there are just some things you shouldn't try to reuse.

Like a soiled disposable diaper.

During an outing a few days ago, I had only brought one extra diaper with me because I knew I'd only be gone a couple of hours and Mathison never poops more than once in the mornings.

Never say never.

As we were about a half hour from home, I probably would have just let it go except Mathison was suffering from a terrible diaper rash that we were just getting under control and I knew that sitting in a dirty diaper would only aggravate it more.

After about 20 Huggies wipes, one roll of toilet paper, five minutes of vigorous hand washing, and one bottle of hand sanitizer later, the diaper was almost as good as new and we were able to make it home.

Let me just say that until Mathison is potty trained, I will NEVER be caught without extra diapers again!!!!

2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Oh no! I can feel for you...with Jenna wanting to potty train, I have the mess a lot!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I'm glad you were able to salvage the dirty diaper. Diaper rash on babies is the worst!