Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Review

Our Christmas celebrations began on Monday, the 22nd when we had a special dinner and FHE with my side of the family. Each of the Gubler siblings presented a short lesson/story, and the evening culminated with the kids reenactment of the nativity.


Jefferson and Grant as the shepherds:


Cole and Mathison were darling sheep:


Krissia and Bronson in the starring roles (Bronson informed me beforehand that this would be his last year) :


We were able to have a special family home evening on Christmas with the Beatty's that also included a nativity, as well as some other special traditions. Unfortunately, my camera wasn't cooperating so I couldn't get any pictures :( My children's parts in the program were: wise man - Bronson, angel - Krissia, shepherd - Jefferson, sheep - Mathison.

With a mixture of teenagers who wanted to sleep in and youngsters who wanted to wake up early, we decided to compromise at 7:30 a.m. on Christmas morning. Everyone was soon unwrapping presents; Mathison was delighted he could finally do it without getting in trouble!


Judging by the big smiles on every one's face, I think it was a great Christmas!





This was taken before our family room looked like it was hit by a tornado:


I guess I must have been a really good girl this year, because I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas.....a new camera! It has been so frustrating the past year only being able to take pictures in natural light (broken built-in flash) and having the image stabilization go haywire. Any picture I've posted that looks halfway decent is the result of painstaking work on Photoshop! Now, I just need to read the owner's manual to learn how to use it :)

2 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Oh, looking at the picture from FHE and the navitity with our family makes me sad, wish I could have beent there! I'm glad you got what you wanted, it looks like a great Christmas!

The Andra Family said...

I was glad you had the idea to do FHE. It turned out really nice. Looks like your Christmas was great, except you getting sick.