Saturday, September 13, 2008

Retraction


I'd like to print a retraction regarding the "One Terrific Toddler" post.

The title should read "Toddler Troubles" or "Terrible Toddler Talks Back".

Case in point:

Two days ago, we were staying in Hurricane for a quick overnighter while we did some house hunting. As I was getting Mathison's playpen ready for him to sleep in, I noticed he was messing around with a heating unit mounted into the wall. I asked him to stop a few times, but he ignored me.

Frustrated, I said in my meanest, firmest voice, "I SAID NO!"

He turned away from the wall unit, looked me straight in the eye and replied, "I said YES!"

We're headed for big trouble when he turns two!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Reminds me of what I went through with Colin....Good Luck!
Great to spend some time with you last week.

The Jones Fam said...

Same thing here with Jaylee. I think it started even earlier though! I love that pic of him, he looks like such a little man!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I love this picture of Mathison! Wow, he's going to be 2 in just 2 months. Does that seem crazy to you? How is the hunting going? Are you moving in the next week or two?