Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oh, The Shame of it All!!


This picture of Bronson and Krissia was taken on our Stake Temple Day, held almost three weeks ago. I love it, but that's not the reason for this blog.

In preparation for our move in a couple of days, DEl and one of his college students drove two of our cars down to Hurricane yesterday and are coming home with my father-in-law's truck and cattle trailer this morning. This leaves us with only one car, and two high schoolers that needed a ride to school this morning.

My day is pretty full with packing, cleaning, and other obligations, but I thought I could spare 15 minutes with the right planning. I got up a little earlier than usual so I could be dressed and ready, and woke Mathison up early to take him with us.

This was the kind of thanks I got. As I pulled up in front of Carbon High, I noticed Bronson was slouched in the front seat. Before I could ask him what was wrong, he asked,"You're dropping us off in the front?!"

"Yes," I answered hesitantly, wondering what I'd done wrong.

"This is so embarassing!!" Bronson exclaimed. Krissia agreed emphatically. We were boxed in by OTHER parents who were dropping off their kids, so I couldn't move even if I'd wanted to. There was nothing for my teenagers to do but (gulp) exit the minivan in front of the school in full view of their peers.

You're welcome, kids. And tomorrow, we'll slink around to the back side of the school and save you the humiliation of having a parent drop you off!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! We are not there yet, but I know it's just a matter of time.

Oh, but it IS a shame!!!

The Andra Family said...

It could have been worse; a very old Suburban that squealed when driven and in Middle School. Do you remember that?

The Jones Fam said...

I don't really remember it being embarassed to be dropped off. Then again, maybe I was never dropped off by Mom, because there was always a sibling around to do it before I could! Cute pic of Krissia and Bronson!