Friday, September 26, 2008

No Regrets

As I sit here writing this last blog posted from Price, I feel somewhat like Old Mother Hubbard; my cupboards are bare, my closets are empty, and the windows stare at me like vacant eyes. Tonight we are packing up our memories, ending our Price story. Tomorrow we begin a brand new chapter of our lives in St. George. I have to admit it's a little bit daunting to leave what we know and head off into the unknown.

I've had time the past few weeks to reflect about this change, and one vein of thought keeps pulsing through my head. Did I do enough while we were here? Has anyone's life changed because of my actions or example? I have to admit that I have been content to just sit back this year and let others get involved, content to cheer from the sidelines. There were so many things I planned to do - teach piano lessons again, befriend a crippled neighbor who lives next door, invite the family across the street for a BBQ and game night. And suddenly, there is only one tomorrow left and no time to follow through with my good intentions.

As the insurance commercial states: life comes at you fast. There are no guarantees, no status quo. Things can change quickly; an unexpected move, the loss of health, the demise of a loved one. We can't predict what will happen - we can only live the best we can and make sure that we treasure each moment, doing what we can while we still have TODAY.

I love the phrase Carpe Diem - seize the day. As I leave tomorrow with unfinished plans, I am determined to have no regrets in the future. I challenge each of you to do the same :)

4 comments:

McKay Missy and Boys said...

The picture of the Manti temple is beautiful!!!

I'm amazed at how much blogging you accomplished while packing and preparing to move. You are much better at this than I am.

I appreciate your challenge to "Sieze the Day". I definately could do much better.

The Beatty Beehive said...

You hit the nail on the head. We all have good intentions, but do we ever act on them. Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to see you!

The Andra Family said...

I needed that. I seem to be there myself.

The Jones Fam said...

I hope you've settled into your new place, and that it feels like home. I can't wait to see it!