Monday, September 8, 2008

My Cheatin' Husband

No, this is not a title to a country song or anything associated with what that might imply. Rather, I caught my husband doing something that he claims to NEVER do - cheat at games.

Actually, this heinous crime took place at the Beatty Family Reunion. Those of you who were there might remember when we were separated into two teams and each team member had a bag with a mystery activity inside....well, it was near the end and Team 1 (my team) was slightly ahead when Katie and DEl came head-to-head. Their activity was to chew and COMPLETELY swallow 4 pieces of Starburst. Even though Katie began first, DEL managed to complete this task in near record time, giving his team the edge - and ultimately first place. Afterwards, Katie asked me how DEl had finished so quickly.

"Well, he has a bigger mouth and really strong jaws," I replied.

Gullible me.

The real reason came out last week, when DEl was recapping the relay with one of his acquaintances and PROUDLY let it slip that he had actually only swallowed part of the Starbursts - he'd hidden the other half of the candy glob on the top of his mouth!

Should I be surprised?

No, I understand the competitive drive to cheat, and have done so a time or two myself.

But at least I'll admit to it!

5 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I think everyone is guilty of cheating a time or two. I'll just have to make sure thought that I keep a good eye on DEl next time we play a game!

The Andra Family said...

Want to get together to play games when you come down? hehehe

The Perkins said...

Are you serious?
So I couldn't remember if DEl was on my team or not...so to my picture gallery I went. Yes, DEl was on my team, and I have a picture of him after he did his portion of the competition chewing up the starburst that remained in his mouth HA HA! I wish I could post it right here for everyone to see... our win was still legit though :).

The Valentine Fam said...

Ah Ha! I knew there was something fishy about how fast he could chew a starburst!

The Beatty Beehive said...

I was highly suspicious when he so quickly devoured that candy. Those Beatty's are so competitive. Can't wait to have you closer so we can play games and catch him red handed! He will never live this down with the family now!!!!