Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Let me begin by saying I absolutely LOVE being a mother. There is a depth to my soul and facets to my life that have been added to by my experiences as a mother, and I have gained a greater appreciation for and understanding of my Heavenly Father and his love for me. I feel that I have been doubly blessed, as I have been sent wonderful children to guide, love, and care for.



I have to admit that I always didn't feel this way; enjoying motherhood was something I had to grow into. Luckily, I've had several wonderful role models to help me along the way. My own mother and DEl's mother are both incredible women who have successfully raised large families and still show their love and devotion to their loved ones through constant service to their children and grandchildren. My grandmothers have also provided positive examples for me; I am so grateful for the amazing heritage I've had and can only hope that I will continue the wonderful tradition of maintaining a strong family.

I just wanted to leave you with something I wrote for my mother several years ago; may the Lord bless all of you in your endeavors on this very special day.

A MOTHER'S PRAYER

Lord, may my home be full of light and love
Where harmony unfurls its wings, I pray;
And souls express the teachings from above
Reflected through my actions day by day.

And let this home withstand the Tempter's lies -
A shelter from the world's stormy seas.
For as I gaze into my newborn's eyes,
Revealed are echoes of eternity.

And if that child walks through a darkened hour -
especially should they stray, or even fall;
Help, guide, protect that spirit mine through birth!
Please be there, Lord, through inspiration's power
As I perform the greatest work of all -
The duty of an angel here on earth.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Being a mom is wonderful. I loved your poem. Happy Mother's Day!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I've read your poem before and it is very good. So I haven't looked at your blog for about a week and so much has gone on with your family.

I'm so sorry about you having to need foot surgery but luckily it is after you come visit us.

That's awesome that Bronson went to prom and went as far as having the day date at your house. Is this his first date?

Congratulations to DEl!

The Jones Fam said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! I've always looked up to you as a mother figure. All of your children are so intelligent, well behaved, and strong in the gospel. I know this is due to the wonderful example you have set for them and what you have taught them.

The Andra Family said...

I missed you this weekend and was sad to hear you weren't coming down. Hope you had a great mother's day!