Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shorty!

The inevitable has happened.

Krissia walked by me barefooted, and we were exactly eye to eye.

Upon measuring,we discovered that my daughter has exactly reached my height of 5' 8.5". She was delighted; I was depressed.

Not for her - I think it's great that Krissia's tall, especially where her swimming is concerned. The problem is, I don't think she's finished growing. She would really like to be 5'9" and I believe that's probably going to happen. What this means for me is that I will more than likely end up being the shortest one in our family someday!

It's not the end of the world - it's just that with having a mother who's 5'1" and sisters ranging between 5'2" - 5'5", I'm used to being the "tall" one. So I guess I'll swallow my pride and accept this ironic twist of fate.......and let someone else reach those items on the top shelf for once!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Kim, what I wouldn't give to be your kind of short!

I guess I have just had longer to get used to the idea that I am probably going to be the shortest one in our family. As someone who always longed to be taller, I feel your pain.

The Andra Family said...

Sorry,I have no sympathy for you.

The Jones Fam said...

Cute pic of you and Matheson :) Don't worry, maybe she can become a model and make lots of money for your family :) also, I would love to be 5'8!

The Perkins said...

That is crazy that she has passed you up! I noticed in Las Vegas that she was getting really tall.