Monday, February 18, 2008

Ladies' Man


Something exciting happened for Jefferson about a month ago, something he has been wanting to happen for a long time.
Jefferson got contacts.
We were going to wait until he was 12, but the director of "Shadowlands" didn't want Jefferson to wear his glasses in the play, and Jefferson is as blind as a bat without them. Our fears that he was too young to care for contacts soon abated; Jefferson has handled them like a pro from day one.
The lack of glasses brings out his startling eyes even more, especially his ultra-long lashes. I think Jefferson is also aware of this effect - I've caught him staring intently at himself in the mirror several times. I decided to ask him about it yesterday.
"So, Jefferson - what do you think? Do you feel more handsome with your contacts in?"
He nodded slowly, examining himself in the mirror before answering.
"Now all I need is some teeth whitening and a tan and - watch out, ladies!" He winked at himself, displaying a big "thumbs up" sign.
I couldn't trust myself to respond.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like Jefferson is keeping up even more Beatty family traditions...

The Jones Fam said...

This is so funny! I love the comment about how he needed teeth whitening, and a tan. Are you sure he's only 11?

McKay Missy and Boys said...

It sounds more like, "Watch out Mom and Day." I can't wait to see the new Jefferson.

The Perkins said...

What a fun milestone...I still remember the day I finally got my contacts! Love his reaction to them!

Tara said...

That is so cute. I might be a little worried for the future though if I were you. Really though, how exciting for him. He is such a cute boy.