Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Big Four Oh

A little over two weeks ago, I hit a major milestone.

I officially entered "middle age".

Ack!!

My actual birthday was great; it was only the fact I was turning forty which put a slight damper on things.

That, and my husband sending a mass text to friends and family reminding them that it was my fortieth birthday :)

However, he made it up for my by taking me on a shopping spree in Provo!

We also held a small celebration with the kids:

Those are a LOT of candles:


Luckily, I had some help blowing them out:


I also had assistance with eating the cake:

The day after my birthday, we were sitting in church when Mathison got a really confused look on his face. He looked at me and said quite loudly, "Mom, how old are you now?"

I tried to quiet him, but he persisted, "Didn't you just turn forty?" This was said in an even louder tone, and people were beginning to stare.

It turns out my four-year-old was just warming up.

"That's pretty old, isn't it? You're old now, Mom!" By now he was practically shouting, and I heard smothered laughter.

So much for trying to keep my age hidden from my neighbors and ward members!

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

OH! Out of the mouths of babes! I will be 37 this year! I am just around the corner. Help! You look young and beautiful! So be proud of it!

Unknown said...

I sure hope I look as young as you when I hit that number. Not to far away I am afeared. You are beautiful!

The Jones Fam said...

It's crazy to me that you're 40! I keep thinking of you as being in the mid 30's :) I bet the shopping spree was fun!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

I hope you got my birthday message! Who needs a flash when they have 40 candles to light up their face?!