Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Naughty List


Mathison has probably watched the "Dora" Christmas special at least five or six times in the past two weeks; the episode is about Swiper the fox and how he is placed on Santa's naughty list. After watching it again this morning, Mathison turned to me and said,

"I'm sorry, Mom."

"What are you sorry about?" I asked.

"I'm sorry that I'm going to be on the naughty list," he replied.

I don't know about Santa, but Mathison has sure been on MY naughty list the past few days. Here are just a few of the things he's been up to:

*Unwrapping one of his Christmas presents from under the tree
*Using his finger to write "Mathison" in the icing of our cake
*Yelling at his preschool teacher, yelling at his siblings, yelling at me...
*Taking off his clothes and running naked around the house
*Breaking a glass flower vase (granted, this was accidental, but it made a HUGE mess nonetheless)
*Talking about "stealing" Grandma's Legos

I don't know if it's the excitement of Christmas that's bringing out the monster in my little boy; whatever it is, I hope it passes soon!!!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I'm sorry the monster is loose...but i love how HONEST the monster is! lol!

Shawnee and Tys said...

Ha ha! Isn't he a little old to be playing the 'running around the house naked game'? I guess you can never be too old for that game....

The Jones Fam said...

Looks like we both have little boys who might be on the naughty list :) You'll have to ready my most recent post to hear the details!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

So Santa must have taken him off the naughty list because I'm pretty sure I saw Mathison with some presents...