Thursday, November 11, 2010

Makes Me Laugh

Does anyone out there have a can of "prinkles" on hand?

In case you're wondering, I'm talking about Pringles - which Mathison calls "prinkles". Here are a few other cute mix-ups of his:

"Dark Blader" (hint: he's the villian of Star Wars)

"Froot Loops" (This one doesn't appear to be a mistake, but this is what Mathison sings everytime he hears the song Footloose)

Some of the funniest things to come out of Mathison's mouth is when he decides to quote something from the Spongebob cartoons. For example, the other night he and I were discussing something he'd gotten in trouble for earlier in the day. I must have looked stern and unhappy, because Mat took one look at my face and quipped, "Mom, it looks like someone is NOT in the holiday spirit!"

Another funny Spongebob moment came yesterday when our little guy was taking a shower. I'd asked him to wash himself off, and he grabbed a washcloth and went to work. A short time later, I poked my head in to find Mathison scrubbing under his arms. He looked at me and exclaimed, "No more frozen armpits!" Later on in the day, he was working on something and told me, "Look Mom - it works like a charm!"

Perhaps one of the funniest things Mathison has recently said is something he came up with on his own. About a week ago, I was getting ready for my night class when I noticed Mathison was hiding and looking uncomfortable. Although he his potty trained, he still doesn't like to poop and holds it in as long as possible, and I could tell that's what was happening. As I left, I asked Krissia to keep an eye on him and encourage him to go in the toilet. A short while later, Krissia could tell Mat was ready, so she took him into the bathroom. After settling him on the toilet, Krissia prepared to wait.

Mathison got a little upset and wanted her to get out of the bathroom. Krissia refused; there have been times he's gotten off of the toilet before being wiped and she wanted to prevent that from happening. Krissia explained to her little brother that she would be staying in the bathroom so she could help him when he was finished.

"Okay," Mathison conceded, "but you might want to sit down - it's gonna be a LONG night!"

How grateful I am to have a little one in the house who makes me laugh on such a regular basis :)

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Too funny. It helps when reading if you pronounce "Blader" not "Bladder" like I did the first time.

The Jones Fam said...

It's a fun age isn't it :) You're so good to write down everything so you can remember it!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Those are some cute little statements! It sounds like he keeps you guys in stitches.