Sunday, August 15, 2010

Waiting for Tomorrow

School started just a few days ago; my how the summer has flown by!

Seriously, like "blink of an eye" fast.

It got me thinking about the many things we had on our fun "to do" list for the summer - things that never were done.

Like swimming at Veyo and attending the greenshow at the Utah Shakespearean Festival.

Why did these activities get skipped?

It wasn't because we didn't think they'd be fun. Rather, we just kept putting them off.

Until "tomorrow."

And now, the tomorrows of our summer have run out and the chances have gone.

You might be asking at this point, why the sentimentality?

This picture was taken at Pine Valley last Monday on our last "official" summer outing.

Yes, they are cute kids :)

But there are only THREE of them in the photo.

One of our children has flown the coop, and by this time next year, Krissia will be ready to do the same.

It's hit me that our "tomorrows" with her at home are becoming numbered very quickly.

So, I've resolved to ensure that we spend more time doing and less time planning.

After all, the best day is.....TODAY.

5 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I should just copy and paste those words in my blog...I feel the same. I am glad school doesn't start for a couple more days...yet I still feel we put off many things till tomorrow. I need more time in my days, how about you?! LOL like that will ever happen. With Fall around te corner, we will have less time in the day! Here is where I let off a big sigh and say oh well! Lets just start again today!

The Andra Family said...

Cute picture. I have to admit, I think I'm a little more happy than you that school is in. Can't wait to see the pics we took last night!

Shawnee and Tys said...

"I'll do it tomorrow...." The story of my life! I can't believe that Krissia will be starting college a year from now... That happened way too fast!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I can't believe Kriss is a Senior! Oh my! I put way too many things off till tomorrow. To put a happy spin on things you could focus on the outings you did have. This is; however, much easier said then done.

The Jones Fam said...

It seriously is crazy how fast time flies by! I love that pic of your kids, they all look great!