Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Great at State!

Sorry for the delay in posting; I caught a sore throat/sinus/flu bug mix just prior to leaving for state swimming that really hit me hard. I was finally able to drag myself out of bed today.

Anyway, state was great - other than the fact that I was sick. Krissia did really well, earning two silver individual medals and 2 PR's in her events. Each race was so close, with often only tenths or hundredths of a second separating the top times.

The Desert Hills' girls team took 4th place overall, up two places from last year's ranking (6th) which is pretty impressive for a school that's only in it's second year of competition. They are hoping to break into the top three next year :)

Here are some pictures from the meet:

Krissia at the start of the 100m Freestyle:

Showing how the top swimmers were so close, virtually swimming in a straight line:

Less than half a second separating 1st and 3rd place:

Krissia on the podium stand getting one of her medals:

Congratulations, Krissia!!

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Krissia did awesome!!!

The Jones Fam said...

Hooray! I really wish I could watch her swim!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

If my math was right, it looks like she only missed the gold by 6/100s of a second. Wow. Good job Krissia, especially swimming with an illness. I'm sure being sick takes off more than 6/100s of a second.

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Ha Ha. I just realized I had the lane column and place column mixed up. So it's 17/100s of a second. Anyway, still a great job Krissia!