Saturday, February 13, 2010

By Any Other Name....

Mathison and I were walking to a nearby park last week, when I spied some construction going on a couple of streets away. Mathison absolutely loves any kind of big trucks and construction equipment. Excited by this find, I turned my son around and told him to look at the backhoe.

"Where is it?" he asked.

I pointed it out to him. Mathison looked in the general direction, then turned back to me with a puzzled look on his face.

"I don't see it, Mom."

Again I pointed, a little impatiently this time. There it was, directly in front of us and quite hard to miss. As Mathison continued to search for it, I began to feel a little concerned - was there something wrong with his eyesight? Our other kids needed glasses at a young age; maybe it was time to take Mathison in for an eye exam.

Frustrated, Mathison turned to me and said, "I still can't find it. Is it behind that track excavator?"

Oops, my bad. The piece of equipment I'd been calling a backhoe was actually a track excavator.

It's said that a rose called by any other name would smell as sweet.

Apparently, this philosophy does not extend towards construction equipment.

At least, not to my three year old :)

5 comments:

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Hahaha! That is funny! Smart kid :)

Photo Crazy! said...

So funny! He knows his trucks!

The Andra Family said...

Too funny!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Come on Kim...You need to keep your big machinery straight!

Colleen said...

He is so dang cute!! I am sure he is a complete joy to your family!!!