Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Most Unwelcome Guest

Yesterday, we had a most unwelcome guest enter our home.

Luckily, Jefferson was on hand to apprehend him just after he snuck through the back door.

And just who was the trespasser?


Yep - a huge, mean, scary-looking......grasshopper.

You thought I was going to say spider, didn't you? This grasshopper does look rather like a tarantula when its legs are extended like that. In fact, that's what I thought it was when I first saw it because of its enormous size; we measured the grasshopper, and from antennae to tail it was six inches long with a leg span of five inches.

Pretty impressive!

But not impressive enough to allow our "guest" to stay :)

3 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

YUCK! Kelton would want him for a pet however.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I would very much welcome the grasshopper before the spider!

The Jones Fam said...

Totoally creepy, and reminds me of Hopper on "A Bugs Life"